Practical Pharmacognosy and Phytomedicine book designed according to the curriculum of diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in pharmacy of various Indian universities. It is an attempt to cover maximum experiments based on morphological, microscopical consideration of crude drugs. It provides details of the systematic examination of crude drugs; extraction and isolation methods of phytoconstituents. This book discusses the WHO guidelines, different methods for preparation and standardization of herbal formulation, ayurvedic dosage forms and herbal cosmetics. The book will be useful to students and professionals in the field of pharmacy and traditional systems of medicine.
Special Features of the book:
- A comprehensive laboratory guide for pharmacy students and professionals.
- Provide adequate knowledge to practical application of the subject in reference to crude drug quality control.
- Tables, appendices, and a flow chart make it simple to understand relevant information.
Monograph analysis of selected herbal drugs from recent Pharmacopoeias.
- Includes method of preparation and standardization of ayurvedic dosage form, herbal formulation and herbal cosmetics.
- Includes analysis of phytoconstituents by chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques.